Historic Lexington: A Walking Tour

A project by Historic Lexington: A Walking Tour
Historic Lexington: A Walking Tour is the final project of HIST 295: Introduction to Public History taught by Profs. Stephanie Stillo and Mackenzie Brooks in Spring 2016.

Take a Tour

Recent Stories

The Palms has been a Lexington tradition since 1975. Originally, the Palms opened as an ice cream shop called the Palms Parlor. However, in 1984 the Palms began its transition into a restaurant and…

The College Inn was founded in 1957 by the Neofitse family. According to W&L student Will Massie Jr. “It began as a pool room and evolved into the College Inn when it added the restaurant. In 1963…

William Alexander, for whom the building is now named, came to America as a Scotch-Irish immigrant in the mid-to-late 18th century and became one of Lexington’s first settlers. Originally,…

According to a town map from 1787, plot Plot 21 of Lexington, Virginia was originally granted to James Lyle. Though Lyle owned this land, he never did much with it. In fact, this property changed…